My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Introduction: Who The Hell Am I to Start a Blog? Am I Really That Important?

Yes, yes I am. At 27 years of age, despite all my life lessons and experiences, I feel more naive, and just plain stupid, then ever before.  I received my Bachelors of Science from the University of Rochester, and a Masters of Science from the University of Colorado Denver, yet it stills seems my confidence and intellectual ability maxed out about 10 years ago.  It's been an uphill battle ever since.  In light of that, I still feel that I've gone through enough real life situations, and managed them tolerably well; therefore, I would like to share my perspective with others and seek their perspectives in return. 

My inspiration for this blog began a couple of years ago.  Moments of clarity while running on a treadmill would bring genius and hilarious articles to mind, but being too busy with everything else going on and the fear that no one would care to read what I had to say prevented me from writing them.  Now, I can no longer deny my creative inclinations and realized it really doesn't matter if anyone reads this blog; I will write simply for the sake of writing, hopefully planting seeds of inspiration in others along the way. 

My audience will include anyone who wants an honest, logical and hopefully comical perspective on the categories below:
  1. Weight Loss, Nutrition and an "Eating Disorder not Otherwise Specified"
    • I had been 'big-boned' all my life.  At 23, I was 5'2', 240 pounds, size 22 pants and 2XL shirt; now at 27, I'm 5'3' (yes, I actually grew an inch!), 122 pounds (but who's counting?), size 2 pants and XS-S shirt (depending on the store). I know a thing or two about successful weight loss and a healthy diet to sustain that significant change.
    • The Eating Disorder will be a section in its own right.  Suffice it to say that I'm not a binge/purge kinda girl, and I don't knowingly starve myself; but the rigidity involved in my everyday eating habits, due to a fear of gaining weight, are an ongoing issue linked to my addictive personality.
  2. Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks and Addiction
    • I was diagnosed with GAD at 21, though it could've been diagnosed when I was 11 and developed an ulcer from excessive worry and stress.  This condition has been followed by two critical time spans of severe panic that lasted for months, during which I became convinced I'd completely lost my sanity.
    • Unlike everyone else in my family, I was never addicted to drugs, alcohol or cigarettes; I refused to be that typical, but I still have an addictive personality and a need for personal perfection which drives me to excessive control of myself and others.  Guess what my new addiction is?
  3. Spirituality
    • My new quest for the inner 'Self' (consciousness, God, or however you personally chose to label your 'higher power'), and how to go within to find pure happiness, love and peace.  Don't think it exists? As a highly logical being, neither did I, it just seems too simple! Nevertheless, I'm going to try like hell to convince everyone that they already possess everything they need to obtain those things. 
  4. Any Random Thoughts I Feel Like Sharing
    • I'm a sucker for pop culture, true crime dramas and the news in general.
  5. Anything Anyone Would Appreciate my Evaluation of and Unique Perspective on
    • Chose the topic and ask me! Anything from movies and books to laundry detergent and peanut butter.
    • I promise to painstakingly analyze the information and write back my reply. But beware, I am brutally honest.  Do not ask questions to which you are not prepared to hear the view from an objective perspective, but this is often the most profoundly helpful resource.
If you, like me, feel dumber as you age, you're on the right track.  Now let's learn from each other.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12/08/2011

    I love you Summer...so unbelievably convinced that I am blessed to personally know you.
    Keep on Truckin sistahchild <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12/08/2011

    Yay Summer! Having knowing you since we fell out of the womb, I am sure that your as you put it "Analytical Ramblings" will be both funny and interesting I am looking forward to reading them all! Congratulations, it is so nice to hear that you are doing anything and everything you set out to do! Emily LaRue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/13/2011

    Oh, how I miss you Summer! I am glad you are putting your truly amazing talents to work, and I look forward to being able to pick your brain through this. Thinking about you, Calvin

    ReplyDelete