My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Thought of the Day 12/22/2012: The Mayans Were Wrong


Surprise, surprise, we're all still here.  This is the time to ask yourself; 'am I grateful or disappointed'?  Now, commit the next year or so to answering that question and addressing the relevant issues head-on.

I, for one, am grateful.  Sometime last spring I took off my 'Writer' cap to don my 'Runner' cap.  This change in personal identity, a subject I wish to expand upon extensively in upcoming articles, resulted in a complete neglect of this blog.  This is not surprising given that I'm a perfectionist/extremist who puts all their energy into their current obsession.  During that time, however, I accomplished the feat of running two official 10Ks, countless unofficial 10Ks as well as higher mileage training runs,  culminating in the completion of my first Half-Marathon (13.1 miles) in 2 hours and 13 minutes.  I am now ready to re-commit to the 'Writer,' and allow it to take the lead.

Alas, as always, I write solely for myself but invite readers along to stroll the foggy banks of my mental meanderings in hopes of stepping into the clear light of conscious thought and consideration.  Within the coming month I hope to provide an effective post-holiday detox diet, wisdom regarding why it is important to think before speaking [something I've often thought myself incapable of], and the human identity crisis.  My ultimate goal is to finish the weight-loss book by 2013 year's end.

PS Here's what's new with me:
- I live in Kansas (sans ruby slippers) and love everything and everyone here
- I have an ideal job; a mix of technical writing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, social interaction, travel and hands-down the best co-workers possible
- I started going to Spin Class at least once a week
- I'm no smarter, but a tad wiser

No comments:

Post a Comment