My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Thought of the Day 05/26/2012: Unreasonable Happiness

How many times have you felt like shit and not understood why?  Guess what, though much more difficult because it goes against our personal habits, we can do the same thing with happiness.  Be unreasonably happy.  It's a decision you make, to put a smile on your face without any provocation.

Feelings are a choice.  Subconsciously, we choose to feel happy or some degree of shitty.  We then find things in our environment, or use thoughts and memories, to feed those emotions which makes them stronger.

Once you've practiced this and are fairly adept, you can be like me.  I know there's people out there who are convinced I'm touched in the head; yet this new approach to life inspires me to care about others perception of me less than my past contempt for the general populous. That is to say, I used to not care because it pissed people off and that made me happy.  Now I don't care because I focus on staying positive and releasing from that which I cannot control, mainly what other people think and feel in regard to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment