My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Thought of the Day 08/24/2014: Prettier with the Lights Off

I've come to realize over that last few weeks that I really am a night owl.  I sleep better during the day and feel more rested throughout the night; I also love that no one is around much when I'm doing errands.  For example, the huge (both literally and figuratively) cornfed families yelling at their wretched children throughout the day at Walmart are replaced with drunk college kids around 11:00pm.  Each scenario varying degrees of both tragic and humorous.  

Today, however, while coming home from McDonald's this morning at 7:00am, and then again as I walked to the YMCA in the stifling heat around 3:00pm, I noticed that my preference towards the night lifestyle have come to make daytime appear rather ugly; the bright rays and swelter offend me and everything appears sharp and implacable.  I find myself craving the sunset, at which time everything into a calm and bewitching landscape with its many hidden shadows.  

I must conclude then, like a Frat guy facing a plethora of inebriated and grisly doxies, that sometimes the world is more appealing with its lights off; it's easier to overlook unsightly flaws and see one's own fabricated beauty.



No comments:

Post a Comment