My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Travel Day 5: Tuesday, 6/19/2012

11:55 [Link to Pics]
Just got on the bus to Esslinger Burg/for the castle.
- Woah - First major SNAFU. Apparently I was supposed to get off the bus at Burg, but I don't remember it stopping there.  I discovered this when the bus stopped at its last stop and an older guy sitting across from me addressed me in German.  I said I was English and asked the bus driver if he spoke English - Nien.  The older gentleman asked me if I spoke French (in French) and I said 'un peu' and then said 'Chateaux?' The man understood and spoke to the driver and that's when the driver wrote BURG on a slip of paper and pointed to the screen that shows the stops.  I asked if I had to 'sortie' or if I could 'reste' and found I could stay on the bus.  It's just sitting here now, I think the driver is on a break, haha. Adventure!

Anyway, I got up earlier this morning (7:30), washed off the night sweats, repeated my breakfast routine from yesterday and walked into Stuttgart via the park.  It was breathtakingly gorgeous.  I saw some of the animals at the zoo and since I only saw mules, a camel and some type of gazelle, I didn't feel bad for skipping the 12Euro trip.  On the way to the Church, Schlossplatz/Marktplatz had a farmers-type market so I picked up a cucumber and cherry tomatoes for my lunch.  The Church was uneventful, the outside was awesome but the inside was renovated.  To be fair, I'm not at all certain I was at the right, 'Colliegate', Church; but it was the only steeple I saw near Schlossplatz, haha.

On a side-note, I really hope I shit soon, my water belly is getting a bit mature and after that hunk of meat last night I'm afraid I may never shit again.

15:20
Came back and packed all my stuff for tomorrow's early departure.  I'm officially in love with Esslinger.  That town was so quaint/old/even (yuck) romantic in nature.  All winding alleyways filled with shops and cafes, people sitting and relaxing, stoned streets, obviously ancient but well preserved and respected.  I wouldn't have seen any of this had I taken the bus back to the bahnhof, instead I used my magic sense of direction to lead me back through the town.  Of course it went off without a hitch (This truly does amaze me) and I saw the breathtaking culture and energy that is Esslinger.  Truly, I could live there and be happy; up in one of the houses with an inauspicious entry off the steep winding walkway down from the castle.  By comparison the castle was boring, not much to see but the structure itself, it was neat though.  the town, however, is the true gem!

Gonna rest now until Pilar gets home around 16:30.

Black Forest Cake = Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte

TO STOCKHOLM:
1) Stuttgart ICE 772 7:27 Platform 7 to Hamburg 12:35 Platform 13 [ICE = InterCityExpress Train]
2) Hamburg ICE 35 13:28 Platform 5b to Kobenhaven 18:14
3) Kobenhaven Zug 550 Car #1 Seat #49 18:37 to Stockholm C 23:45

No comments:

Post a Comment