My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Thought of the Day 09/24/2013: Pinata of Self-Hate

Today my 'Laugh 'til the mascara Runs' daily calendar reads:
At first this inspired a cynical giggle, but then I thought: "Wait a minute, that doesn't make any sense; there's little to no room for the candy!"

So, new idea, fess up to the fact that the common hate we cast onto Supermodels is the direct result of our own body image self-hatred.  When I was fat, I indeed resented Supermodels; I didn't look like them but wanted to so I hated them.  Simply put, I projectile vomited my insecurities all over a specific profession, the members of which are very likely dealing with their own significant body image issues.  Now that I've worked hard on my body and feel good about myself, I could really care less about Supermodels; maybe even feeling a bit sorry for them.  Inflated egos aside, I've experienced first hand the devastating impact withholding calories can have on your brain, body and general thought processes. It's typical for these women to stare themselves into outlandish behavior, all for the sake of 'conventional beauty'.

In this light, I think it's far more constructive to make a pinata of the person who is really the target of the inner anger [insert self-image], and beat the shit out of that instead. Best of all, it's not only a great workout but also the fatter you are, the more candy you can fit in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment