My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Travel Day 19: Tuesday, 07/03/2014

10:20 [Link to All Pics]
Great morning so far! I stopped (am currently) at Cafe Munich around the LMU campus for a bit of a rest and a cappuccino before heading into the park.

I started out taking the U3 to Odeonsplatz and walked through Maximilianplatz, saw the obelisk at Karolinenplatz, continued to Konigsplatz and saw the 3 different 'Pinakothek' buildings. I couldn't figure out the need for 3 varieties (Neue, Alte and der Moderne) until I realized that a pinakothek is an art gallery, haha; now it makes sense. I then continued up to LMU, which is a cool campus, the archway with the lion chariot was awesome! and now I'll have a nice long walk through the Englischer Garten. After I have my fill there, later I'd like to go back down to the one downtown walk-street that I missed yesterday (Theatinerstrausse) and perhaps walk south along the river. The European Parliament and Museuminsel (museum island) is down that way and it would be cool to walk about the island (Erhardtstrausse between Boschbrucke and Cornelius). Actually that's really close to the other restaurant I wanted to try (Wirtshaus Zum Straubinger) on Blumenstrausse/Mullerstrausse, so I'll try to head that way for dinner.
Oh, I just saw there's a walkway connecting Schwindinsel and Museuminsel, so I'll do that then go see parliament. Not bad for only having 2 days and a heel that is threatening to dislocate from the rest of my body!

My shorts got disgusting somehow, but I think the mystery will be easy to solve since I've pissed in parks at least 3 times today already. Ok, feeling refreshed and caffeinated. Off to the park.
It was like being in the middle of a deep forest, but you're in Munich!

This is one of the Park's main attractions, inspired by Chinese architecture.
14:45
A slight disappointment turned out to be a pleasant surprise! After the park and island walks I decided I'd rather have something different than more salty German food. Remembering the Afghani restaurant during my walk along Sendlinger between Sendlinger Tor and Marienplatz, I headed there. Unfortunately they close between 14:30 and 18:00 so I just missed lunch, I rather eat something now and have a very small dinner, so I set out for something else. Oh, and after 18:00 the price gets huge! Instead I found an interesting little place with pizza called 'Copa' and the guy is so friendly! I'm getting a 'salat pizza' with tandoori chicken, basil, tomato, mushrooms, mozzarella and 'colors' (that's verbatim), this was his idea and exactly what he wrote on my slip, haha. It'll be a lot less [money] and better for me too. Hooray!

The park was absolutely gigantic and beautiful and the islands were nice too. That really beautiful church that reminds me of the Berlin Cathedral is called Mariannenplatz. After this I need to head back to the tourist spot for something for Charlie's sitter, something better than the magnet; and ok, I'll admit that I want it for me, haha.
Mariannenplatz
I went into Galeria earlier to look around and go to the bathroom and if I'm not going to hell over the Heidelberg magnet, I'm definitely going now. I picked up a container of mixed fruit because there was something in there that looked really like kiwi but bigger and it was the color of a beet. I opened it, ate the fruit while looking around, then threw out the container. Something I picked up from one of my Mother's ex-boyfriends, haha. Yeah, cuz he was a huge influence on my life [sarcasm], but he did leave an impression when I saw him eat chips and drink a soda while shopping then not pay for them. It's something I've done more than a couple of times since.

Anyway, there's that thief again? I also thought: false sense of entitlement, aka Athlete? I think I should attribute that less to the Athlete archetype and more to the Asshole, haha. Hey, Caroline missed a key universal archetype; the Asshole! Newly inducted in the 20th-21st century.... perhaps I should write to her.

Gonna bum around after this, I officially feel satisfied with seeing Munich and I have to find a Rewe or some other kind of grocery store. I'm pretty sure there's one around the hostel.

Ok, this may seriously be the best fucking pizza I've ever had. I'm not even kidding. This chicken is awesome and the 'colors' were fresh chives, red and yellow pepper, and it's huge. I'm taking half home for dinner and also I'm flanked by smoking Italians.... so I don't want to eat more.
18:20
And I successfully saved it for dinner and didn't get gelato! Yay me!

Holy freaking exhausted! While walking back from grocery shopping and meandering/mapping out a running path for the morning, I saw the same 2 old Asian women I roomed with in Fussen! I swear it was them... Thank God I have my own room here, haha; I don't know which one was the snorer, but I had great sleep last night and want to keep it up, especially since I'll be on trains/planes for the next 2 days.

So, due to my belly and having time to burn, I decided to walk around this area only to find that it's a huge park with lots of running trails! Since I have to sit all damn day tomorrow I'm going running in the morning, but it'll have to be really early (05:00), cuz I need to be ready for breakfast and such to leave for Hbf.

I know it's bad, but I'm gonna leave some non-essentials behind to lighten my pack and make room for some food, haha. I bought carrots, apples, bananas, a green pepper and low fat milk drinks for the next 2 days. I'll get bread and other stuff from breakfast tomorrow. My squirreling abilities are unparalleled! Geez, I need to get my pack in order and such but my feet aren't allowing me to put any weight on them! I seriously think I heard them just tell me to fuck off. I better be nice and listen so we can run tomorrow.

I really can't get over how kick ass that pizza was... talk about an unexpected treat!

Ok; got rid of a considerable amount of shit. I should be able to put the food containers in the pack. Plan for tomorrow:
05:00-06:00 - Run/Jog
06:00-07:00 - Shower/Final Pack
07:30 - Head to Hbf
Trains: 
1) München (ICE 09:05) to Hamburg (14:54)
2) Hamburg (ICE 15:28) to Kobenhavn H (20:16)
3) Kobenhavn H (21:52) to Lund C (Tag 1106 22:40)
4) Lund C (22:55) to Stockholm C (Tag 2, Vagn 6 Platz 39 06:30)
- Tool around Stockholm for a bit/stretch my legs, go to a grocery store and get stuff for breakfast and lunch
- Take bus to Arlanda around 10:00 for my 14:00 flight to JFK via Reykjavik 


No comments:

Post a Comment