My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Travel Day 21: Thursday, 07/05/2014

06:30
Just got on the bus to Arlanda [Stockholm's Airport]. I decided hanging around the airport would be better because I'm pretty sure you can check in a bag for free on international flights. If not, well I'll just walk around. The only thing I wanted was coffee anyway, and they'll have that at the airport.... and water fountains! (I hope)

Ok, so the night train..... bad idea. Definitely should've sprung for a bed but anyway, it's over, plane next. We got into Stockholm at 06:00 and I went to the bus, loaded my pack and my fucking nalgene went directly underneath... awesome. So the bus driver backed up the bus so I could retrieve it. It was very nice of him. The funny thing was my thought process. At first, I thought 'fuck it, leave it,' but then I thought of the new Germany sticker and I simply couldn't leave it behind, haha. I know that's odd, but it's true.

08:33
Sitting comfortably with WiFi in the cafe/lounge of Arlanda. I can check in my pack but apparently only 2 hours before my flight? I got this from another airlines' kiosk as I didn't see one for Icelandair, so I'm going to check again soonish. For now I'm content, my breakfast was great and I surprisingly don't feel the need to move just yet. Plus, I need to charge my iPod. The airport's WiFi login page says out to login for free, haha, not hoping to turn a profit I guess.... much like the DB [German rail system].

So, Mom wrote back not understanding why I was mad... She never does/says anything right.... blah, blah (JF-like shit), blah. So I wrote her back literally detailing my logic. All I want is an apology. She never mentioned the gift.... I really don't care if I talk to her today or not.

12:50 EST / 16:50 Iceland / 18:50 Stockholm/Munich
Oh boy... How many meals do I get today? How much sleep did I get last night? I have a feeling I'm in for a world of hurt the next couple of days, but it's my goal to get up early for a jog before breakfast with MP, then heading to Jersey.

My sweet tooth got the better of me, like I knew it would. I successfully resisted at Arlanda, but I have that really annoying constant hunger that just won't quit! So, in Iceland I treated myself to an oatmeal raisin-ish cookie along with my dinner of a tandoori chicken sandwich, fruit salad and carrots. I should be good for awhile, but this (to my dismay) is a 6 hour flight and it'll take me about 1-2 hours to get my shit and get to Manhattan from JFK. At least I'm in the exit row; all that extra room I don't need :)
Mmmm, Icelandic cookie!
A truly international airplane tray display.
On the fight to Iceland I watched The Hunger Games and it was pretty good for a book-made-movie. I need to sleep on this one or I may pass out somewhere in NYC and that would be very bad. Anyway, I also treated myself to a key chain and magnet from Iceland (and got a passport stamp!) and it totaled over 1,000 Iceland dollars! I can't wait to see how much that is in USD. The cookie was really good, lots of nuts, raisins, seeds, buttery, cinnamon and nutmeg, at least it was Icelandic, haha. My body thanked me, it was stressed and needed a treat; "Little One" has now agreed to lay off until I get to MP's. She'll likely want to go out to eat or something, so I'll just get a salad... or cheesecake from Veniero's, haha. Actually, that's really the only place I'd really like to go, other than to Chinatown for good Chinese or the Indian section off Broadway [Murray Hill, also known as 'Curry Hill']... or Chipotle, haha! J/K.

I can't believe I've been gone for 3 weeks... I kinda wish now I was just going back to Denver. It's gonna be tough getting in on Sunday night and then working Monday. I have no groceries, haha. Alright, time to blow-up my pillow, take a Benny [Benadryl] and read myself to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment