My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Travel Day 2: Saturday, 6/16/2012

12:30 JFK Airport
I have an hour before I can check-in for the Germany flight.  The fast is going ok, I eat a little every 3 hours or so and am avoiding big meals.  I'm pretty tired but plan to try and sleep the whole 8 hour flight to Berlin via the help of Benadryl and perhaps a drink :)

The flight from DIA to ATL was really bumpy, so I didn't sleep so much as repeat meditative mantras of 'Relax' and 'Trust'; trust mostly pertaining to the ripped arms I observed on the pilot prior to boarding, haha.  I read the Eurail Pass info and feel confident there will be at least aid offices to help me should I need it.  I know damn well I'll be fine, but I will worry as humans do.  Worrying about getting on the wrong train is acceptable, worrying about my next meal is not.  Thems the rules!

It's a damn good thing I can tolerate boredom well these days, cuz waiting for a 17:30 flight would have killed the crazy me.

20:20 (EST) JFK to Berlin
This plane is huge and the food was pretty good; I have all the faith in the world it will sustain me until I get to Stuttgart.  I'm gonna stretch my legs soon, then hopefully sleep.  Everyone is speaking German and I like it because it seems I simply don't have to pay attention, but I need to be careful that I'm not inadvertently ignoring someone whose addressing me.  I watched Hannah Montana while I ate dinner, haha.  We got this kick-ass pack of ear plugs, pillow, blanket, eye mask, travel toothbrush/paste and socks! I'm totally keeping everything! It seems silly to be so amused by these things, but it feels like gifts.  My only disappointment was that there was only Coke Zero (no diet) and no Splenda for coffee - I think I'll survive though.

The guy next to me was reading a German zeitung (newspaper - thanks Rosetta Stone!) and I looked over and saw boobs, haha.  Gotta love it.  Ok, I need to move, then maybe sleep. I talked to Pils [Pilar, old college schoolmate] and she's gonna find me at the airport tomorrow and we're going about.  There's crazy soccer stuff going on in Europe and Germany is playing tomorrow, so we're gonna go watch it somewhere.  I can only imagine the energy of the crowds!

No comments:

Post a Comment