My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Travel Journal Introduction

Last June-May I took a 3 week vacation through Germany, Sweden and Denmark.  I realize that though I promised details from the trip I have failed to relate those tales, and I wish to remedy that by recounting my complete travel journal.  It will be published by days and I'll also put links to the relevant pictures I posted on Facebook. [Note that a FB account isn't necessary to view the pictures]

Now, I'll admit that I was, and still am, hesitant to present my travel journal in its raw and unedited form; I had some deeply personal and spiritual experiences during my travels that I do not expect others to approve of or understand.  Regardless, I believe reflecting on them a year later, and indulging in some good old fashioned nostalgia, will help me retrieve some of those emotions that were so powerful and endearing to me during the trip.

Historical background required to understand some of the things that may arise throughout my journal include:
  • I'm extremely spiritual, especially during this time period as they occurred at the height of my recent spiritual transformation
  • Though its a sore subject with me, I do deal with considerable food-related anxiety; Ok, I have an eating disorder, unconventional though it may be
  • This trip was the culmination of a life-long dream to travel abroad, and ended up being a sort of re-birth after a very painful break-up with my first and only boyfriend/fiancé
  • I stayed with two friends from University of Rochester that I hadn't seen in a long time, so there's a lot of reminiscing if I remember correctly; otherwise I was alone
  • I will not hesitate to save money anyway I can, including urinating outdoors
I haven't read through this journal since writing it almost a year ago, so I'm re-living it as I write.  I may or may not comment on what I said then.  Again, please understand that this is unedited text, read only if you can do so with an open and non-judgemental mind.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment