My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Thought of the Day 12/30/2013: Through The Eyes of a Snowman

On my way to work this morning I noticed a rather pitiful looking snowman; a half-melted Frosty left over from the snow we received just before Christmas.  I have no idea where the idea came from, but as I came to a complete stop at the 4-way (I got a ticket at that very stop sign when I first moved to McPherson for not stopping, so I take special care at this particular intersection), I thought 'if I made a snowman, I would use dog turds as eyeballs.'
My Snowman would be smelling carrots amongst other, perhaps less pleasant, odors.
Acknowledging that this was a rather odd spontaneous notion, I asked myself why I had come up with it; the answer was painfully simple.  Conventional snowmen ocular devices consist of two pieces of coal, which I neither possess nor know where to find.   My dog Charlie, however, is teeming with potential snowman sight-givers and is always willing to make a donation to the cause.

In inner contemplation this is really about something much more profound; I love how these types of thoughts come on suddenly and keep me amused by my own mental meanderings.  I find myself as odd as everyone else, which makes me a very interesting and formidable companion. This ultimately serves as the fundamental basis for my ability to maintain my own happiness, and its an attribute I will fight to keep sacred at all cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment