My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Help Summer: Stevia

This will be the first of what I'll refer to as "Help Summer."  Don't think you can keep reading my wonderfully informative and enlightening articles without giving me some help and advice in return! Honestly, how selfish of you!

I started using Stevia trying to kick my bad artificial sweetener habit.  Since switching I've noticed the following:
  1. It's a great flavor enhancer, my coffee's never tasted better; but it also increases the bitterness of my greek yogurt.
  2. It doesn't taste sweet; instead is enhances the natural flavor then provides a sweet after-taste that lingers.
  3. That after-taste, more of a feeling on my tongue than anything else, has stayed with me since beginning Stevia's use about two weeks ago. 
  4. Artificial sweeteners I used to ignorantly enjoy immensely, mainly aspartame, now taste like shit.
What am I to do?  I have that constant stale taste in my mouth and nothing tastes explicitly sweet anymore. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? I'm currently using the Target brand of Stevia, are other brands better (Sweet Leaf, Truvia, PureVia, etc.)?

No comments:

Post a Comment