My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Thought of the Day 3/12/2012: Eye Candy Galore!

I decided to switch things up today and headed to Longmont instead of Boulder, opting for a mid-morning workout to relieve myself of my desk for a bit.  It was then that I clearly observed the Pros and Cons of varying my normal 5:30am workout routine.

As you can well imagine, the same 10-15 freaks workout at 5:30am everyday; amongst whom I am a proud member.  I have grown to love these calorie-burning comrades dearly, and have even contemplated asking a couple of the younger guys out.  Furthermore, I've given each a unique identifier such as 'American Beauty Guy,' 'Will' [this kid looks exactly like Will from Will & Grace],  'Bald Guy in Cargo Pants,' 'The Ripped Swede,' 'The Two Old Bad-Ass Runner Chicks' and 'Mr. Burns with Hair' [he looks like The Simpson's Mr. Burns with a lot of hair and no hump].  Today however, upon my 10:00am arrival at the gym, I was met with an overwhelming plethora of new faces and ripped biceps, my superficial personal weakness.  I immediately decided to employ my time getting to know these odd ducks a bit better, but would one workout session be enough?  Needless to say, I found myself bouncing about the equipment half-heartedly for close to 2 hours whilst bestowing idiosyncratic pseudonyms upon my new friends.

Pro:  An abundance of novel eye candy, as well as extraordinarily eccentric displays of conduct from fellow exercise junkies.  I also received some intrigued glances, no doubt inspired by my own behavioral oddities like fist-pumping while running, or by my tattoos, beautiful green eyes and cut upper body.

Con:  I missed my dear friend 'Rebecca of Niwot' whom I see every morning and always engage in the exchange of pleasantries.  Additionally, as I'm unused to preparing my gym bag for a mid-day workout, I forgot to pack a bra.  It's a good thing the camisole I packed has built-in business!

Result:  Maintain this new workout regimen in hopes of either provoking one of these hunks into asking me out using mind-control, or growing my own pair of testicles which will likewise promote the acquaintance.

No comments:

Post a Comment