My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Thought of the Day 3/19/2012: Aveo, How I Love Thee, Let Me Count the Ways

If you've never bought a brand-spanking-new car, I would highly suggest you do.  My car had 9 miles on it when I drove it off the lot in January 2006; the smell was mesmerizing.  I was a senior in college and knew I'd be the envy of my friends upon my return for Spring Semester.  Ever the anticipatory thinker, I even bought a stick-shift to afford myself a convenient excuse as to why others couldn't drive her.  I paid the car off last month, and though it's now 6 years-old with a cracked windshield I appreciate her more than ever; here's just a few reasons why:
  1. Over 40 mpg!
  2. Drove her with all my belongings from Rochester, NY to Denver with my BFF Nancy.  It was a liberating journey featuring a pit-stop in Iowa to toss around Rory-Bee (my frisbee).
  3. Road trips to the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone National Park.
  4. As I packed it for the move last night, I simply couldn't believe how much fit into it.  I wasn't sure if I was more proud of the car or myself.  It fit damn-near everything, minimizing my need for several trips between the two apartments.  Now the obligatory three will suffice!
  5. I realized yesterday while walking out of the gym that the front end damage to the bumper caused by my ass-packing a stopped car at a red light, which I thought should have been green, was fixed inconspicuously during a recent 60K routine maintenance at Ed Bozarth Chevrolet.  These people had always taken excellent care of me and my Aveo, but this was astounding; she looked brand new again!
  6. The audio-books absorbed and panic attacks suffered while driving her; she's seen me at my best and my worst.  
  7. Shockingly, I've never had to replace the brakes. 
This isn't my car, but looks exactly like it if you were to crack the windshield. 

No comments:

Post a Comment