My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Thought of the Day 3/28/2012: Longmont Fare

Crazy busy at work, Training for the Bolder Boulder, Mom's here for a visit..... 'Nough said.

Training for a race and having Mom here is happy coincidence since she takes me out to eat, which I never do otherwise.  Consequently, over the next week I'll be reviewing various Longmont establishments as I get better acquainted with my new home the fare it has to offer.  Last night, because I had a coupon, we went to Old Chicago and had the 'Thai Pie' Pizza; I also had the Mediterranean Salad.  Both far exceeded my expectations for a chain restaurant.  I'm not ashamed to admit that it the Thai Pie was easily the best tasting pizza I've ever had, though needless this surprised me!  It was my Mom's pick, many kudos to her.  The base was a perfect blend of sweet and spicy teriyaki and thai chili spices, with sesame seeds baked into their delicious crust.  For an added kick, a must for me, apply liberal amounts of crushed red pepper.

I think we'll have BBQ tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment