My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Thought of the Day 2/1/2012: Cha-Cha-Cha Chia!

The Chia company might well be the most prolific global marketing geniuses of our generation; aside from Facebook of course.  Not only do they distribute adorable Chia pets, cartoon icons, President Obama and herb gardens, they now also manufacture and produce those same seeds as an herbal supplement! 

That's right, the same seeds that grow 'hair' on your treasured desk knick-knack are also ingestable as a pill, milled flour, FruitChia bar, drink mix, seed oil or straight-up (whole seed) as a powerful source of Omega-3 fatty acid, antioxidants, fiber, as well as a myriad of vitamins and minerals. FDA approved to boot!

I only have one concern: without a way to trim back the growing mass of Chia 'hair', wouldn't those furry sprouts inundate our bodies?  Holy carp, we can become real life ChiaPeople!  I always thought I looked good in green..... Too bad I could never manage to keep my ChiaPets alive, they were either droopy brown or just plain naked.


http://www.getchia.com/default.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment