My views and advice on such topics as Diet and Exercise; Anxiety, Panic and Addiction; Spirituality and Random things that I find interesting.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thought of the Day 2/9/2012: The Perks of Dieting

This morning I heard the astonishing results of the Chocolate Cake Diet study done at a University in Israel, which I didn't find so astonishing.  The key here is spiking your metabolism early in the day and eating less calories later as the day progresses.  It also keeps you from binging on foods that you crave, yet deny yourself, while dieting.  My belief is that dessert is meant to be eaten in the morning in the form of pancakes stuffed with peanut butter, chocolate and bananas!

This study also reminds me of the tail-end of my own weight loss.  I was 15 pounds from my goal and nothing I did, no matter how extreme, budged me off of the 145lb plateau.  What did I do?  I said F*&$ It!  I went to Vegas, did nothing but eat, drink and dance for 3 straight days, possibly contracted a VD, then came back and continued my daily routine.  Two weeks later I hit my goal!  You have to confuse your metabolism by varying the calories you take in every day; once it gets accustomed to a set workout regimen and diet, you'll hit Plateau-ville hard.  So, if you're on a diet and currently stuck at one weight, go on a 3 day bender, it'll do wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment